SPECIAL PANORAMA First read Part 1 of the argument
THE thugs, caught on a mission to petrol-bomb Ralph’s offices were sent by the same person who is now bent on detaining or annihilating Ralph Kasambara. Ralph, in Mutharika’s eyes, commited three crimes:
1. He dared challenge the bombers and not cower as has been the case with other people that have suffered arson;
2. He got hold of, one way or another, sensitive intelligence that if and when it became public, will be very embarassing to someone; and
3. The fact that Ralph has the guts and the wherewithall to inflict maximum and irreparable damage using the intelligence he got from the would-be bombers.
Most importantly as per Sun Tzu’s observation above, Ralph is a threat as he is armed with state secrets; and he must die.Hell hath no fury than a tyrannt threatened!
From the spirited and heavy-handedness of the Mutharika Government’s reaction, it can no longer be said that the acts of arson that have been taking place in Malawi are works of some insiginficant and misguided individuals in the DPP rank and file or regime change agents.
The attacks, everybody now knows, are orchestrated and resourced, very well for that matter, from above. Take transportation for instance: none other than a state house valet is the one who drove the criminals to Ralph’s office to carry out their nefarious attack. For all we know, the same valet could have driven around Robert Chasowa’s murderers.
Why, one may ask, would the regime send thugs to attack Ralph? It is because, for some reason, President
Mutharika and his hangers on believe that:
1. Being in contempt of court orders,
2. Oppressing dissent,
3. Killing 19 unarmed youths plus one Robert,
4. Not accepting criticism,
5. Running a country like a personal estate,
6. Mismanaging the economy and having everybody suffer while they are acquiring unexplainable wealth,
7. Promoting politics of patronage, cronyism and nepotism, and a host of other things,
are the attributes of a true democrat.
Ralph challenged this mindset, and called Mutharika by his name: a tin pot dictator, hence he must die.Police collusion
The fact that some of the thugs escaped and what happened after brings another dimension to the whole saga.Three thugs escaped; and what happenened next?
The Malawi Police who:
1. Never have transport to respond to 911 calls; came on the scene in record time, reportedly responding to a
tip that Ralph has kidnapped people;
2. Always come on the scene after the bombers have dispappeared into thin air; were for once on time;
3. Up to now, only have a street kid to show as result of their investigations of many mysterious fires; quickly apprehended Ralph while giving VIP treatment to the thugs without attempting to get an insight into the bombing opertions;
4. Wanted us to believe that Robert Chasowa died from a fall and to date have no clude as to who killed him, solved this one very quickly, charging a former attorney general and a respected citizen very quickly – when all evidence pointed in the other direction.Questions
Who tipped the police about the kidnap? The answer is simple: it is the thugs who escaped. How did the police reach the scene so quickly? Because Ralph’s office was on their radar. They were expecting something to happen, but that didn’t include the thugs getting caught.
If the thugs had done their work and reported that Ralph had been duly killed or his office burnt and that they (the thugs) were at a safe distance away, the police would have come to concoct either a suicide story or come up with some trash to cover up this act of state sponsored terror.Check! Check-mate
The police rushed to Magalasi to rescue the two captured hooligans before they talked. The order to do this, came from above, and the kidnap “tip” may have come from the same direction. We can venture a guess that when the other thugs escaped, they called their bosses that the mission had suffered a major setback and two of their team had been taken captured.
Their boss, whosoever he is, knew that these two had to be rescued before they spilled the beans. More importantly, the boss knew that the captured thugs had fallen into very wrong hands. As luck would have it for Malawi, the man into whose hands these two fell is not only a trial lawyer, trained to get facts from unwilling people, but one that is very good at doing that.
Ralph Kasambara, the commander of thugs knew, would ask the right questiuons, get the right answers, would have the sense to record what the hoodlaums said, and would ensure that all this is done in a manner that would make the evidence usable in a court of law.
This is why Kasambara is now a pain in the butt of Paulos Chisale’s boss. And who is Chisale’s boss? Paulos Chisale’s bosss is the man whose shoes he polishes. Check mate!Concluson
Thanks to providence and to Kasambara’s industriousness Malawians now know who has been financing the arsonists that burned IPIs’ Offices and Rev Sembereka’s home and burned markets and why noone has never been caught.
It's not with pleasure that we conclude that all signs point to State House – whence the valet Paulos Chisale gets instructions. Noone would not want a ranking criminal that disregards court orders for a president and noone wants an idiot that thinks the whole world owes him favours for a leader.
But the problem is that the facts above speak for themselves, and like Kasambara said, these are impeacheable grounds. The beauty of this is that thanks to President Mutharika, Kasambara could just become the missing link in the puzzle.
A revolution wouldn't have succeeded in Malawi on July 20, or any other day, because it did not have a face, and now it has one. Ralph Kasambara, to the CSOs, politial parties, the Church, Civil servants and their followers is Malawi’s own Nelson Mandela!
Thank God, freedom has arrived in Malawi!
---©2012 The Maravi Post. Reproduction authorised, with usual acknowledgment